Thursday, March 02, 2006

Maa Tujhe Salam

Today, I was very lucky to encounter two interesting events.

At my home-place, I was roaming in the market, shopping some goods. I saw a woman with her child held in her arm walking about 5 feet away from me in the same direction. Suddenly, her handkerchief fell on the ground. I being bear handed, thought of helping her lifting it. While I approached her for help, I saw some brisk and strategic movements of her. She took out her foot from her chappal, held the handky in it and bending the foot in knee she uplifted the handky back in her hand. Parallelly, while I moved forward and bent to catch the handkerchief, she was completing her task and putting her foot back in the chappal. As a result, it appeared like I am touching her foot.

Touching her foot....firstly after an embarrassment of a moment or two, I realised the beauty in the whole sequence. There was an epitome of self-sufficiency standing in front of me and my touching her foot was not meaningless, at all.

Back at home in the afternoon,I was watching some programme on Discovery. There is a class of octopi, which is colour blind and good at changing the body colour to the ambiance, upto the limit of its colour blindness. (Unfortunately, I missed the name.) But even after this chamealeonic quality, they don't feel secured. After laying some hundreds of eggs the mother has to guard them from enemies. For this, the mother octopus stays near the eggs completely immobile till the children are not developed fully. As the life in the egg takes shape, the mother grows weaker and weak, for she hasn't eaten anything for that period. And, by the time eggs are fully laid, the mother is dead.................I have never heard of a sacrifice equaling this! Only, a mother can do it!

It was really heart throbbing: too shaking, though simple, experiences in a single day! But then, how can I overlook the person, who has sacrificed every moment of her life for shaping up my life? Who is a teacher, a manager, a counselor, a friend (and also, a Hitler) and more than anything a world within herself, world which is self-sufficient.......

Maa Tujhe Salam!

2 comments:

श्रीपाद said...

A good blog Nikhil. You of course know the story, when a young man kills his mother and takes her heart to show his would-be. While walking he stumbles and his mothers heart says, `Be careful, Son!'. That is how mothers are. I think I am going to call my mother now. :-).

Nikhil Joshi said...

yah, of course! Believe me, you don't have to make such stories. It happenes almost everyday at our home...It is only, we miss them most of the time...

Baki life kaise chal rahi hain...ya 26 january la amhi parat ekda "Hum Karein rashtra" prastut kela....Anuradha bolalich asel...video pahilas ka? If not, majhyakade aahe...pathvun dein...mail kar...