Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Summing Over all possible states, for the next year

It is Gudhi Padava, the start of marathi new year. The padava is perhaps an adoption from its original sanskrit form Pra-dur-bhoo, which means harvesting. In that sense, Gudhi Padava means start of a harvesting season...a good start, rather.

If I were at home, I would be with friends to participate in the shobha-yatra, which I can proudly say, originated at my place and now is held almost everywhere in Maharashtra (I heard of same celebrations even in USA, but that is un-confirmed as yet). We will always have some thing crucial to do then. Either with KshitiZ or with Chaturang or with some local arrangements. It is really a great fun being there, with all your friends, all those you know, and of course, those you don't know! ....I must be cursing myself for missing these events, as somebody correctly pointed out...nevertheless, the heart doesn't matter rejoicing, looking at the calendar!


When there is none, there is yourself, making you a bit introvert to ask the question: how was the past year for you? Did it give you anything worth remembering?....and my answer is yes...a big yes!...it gave me a lot many things, which I never had before in life.

This was the year, when I started taking interest in my work, in my lab...in my lab-friends. This year, I had a fight with my guide, which brought us closer...made us friends....

This was the year, when after a short break, I started taking interest in social events at my institute. This probably started with updating my orkut profile, for the first time....thanks to my friend, who gave me the snaps which had me, in some corner...

This was the year when, I met my piano teacher for the first time...learnt my first piano lesson...cleared my first grade exam....recorded my first complete song.....gave my first stage performance.....all for the first time!

This was the year when, I met the god for the first time...I met A R Rahman....I met Manirathnam.....

This was the year when, I listen to the first Yanni composition....Marching Season...and then it went on...and on...and on

This was the year, I had my first ever (and perhaps, the last one) crush.....I spent hours thinking of someone...bugging my ladmates....

This was the year, I started looking at my body a bit seriously...started my exercise routine...visited the navy ground for the first time...touched the recreation center equips....for the first time, I could see no belly protrusion......started wearing clothes different from formals...

This was the year, I did my first trek with KshitiZ after a long time....clicked for a snap for the first time....bought a healthy camera for the first time.....

This was the year, I had a chance to realise my extracurricular skills...developed a concept...wrote a script....became member of a group....shot some scenes....did some analysis...some camera work....all for the first time!

This was the year, I became (in)famous in my institute...had some disputes with my friends...a small fight.....and friendship again...rather a closer one....bad social health is good for personal health sometimes...it gave me a chance to assess myself, my friends...gave me a chance to make new friends....for the first time!

This was the year, when my friend list on orkut touched 100 and scrap number went beyond 200...

This was the year, when we could expand the limits of our small organisation AMA to a big collaboration....the volunteers increased from two (myself and my friend) to twelve...in an institute of 200 students!.....because of them only we could hold a big event...for the first time!

This year gave me more than I could hope of....there were mistakes and failures....but mistakes are to learn and failures are for better hopes of coming year......the last year gave me a reason to wel-come the new year....a reason to live it up to next year....

And, last but not the least, this was the year in which, I wrote my first blog ever! Thanks for reading my blogs and making me a part of your life, through your blogs.....Happy New Year, Friends!

7 comments:

Basudeb Dasgupta said...

GREAT GOING BUDDY...and a great post.

Nikhil Joshi said...

thanks boss!

श्रीपाद said...

Well done Nikhil.

samudrika said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
samudrika said...

I almost cried. How very nice!
What courage to admit thing(s) so publicly.

Vivek said...

Wish that this year leads to a even more happier and even more bigger blog entry in the next years Gudhi Padawa!

Nice Blog!

Nikhil Joshi said...

shripad:
Thanks

samudrika:

nothing great yaar...this is just a collection of facts:D...kidding

Thanks for sharing!

vivek:
amen!...maan liya tumhare patience ko...agale ek saal tak jheloge humein!!