Sunday, March 05, 2006

Churning with Chopsticks - 1

I came here for doing experiment. But it seems, I will be experimented on every front.

The common technique is to consistently hammer with Japanese hospitality with flexible bends and tonic blabbers, not even one percent of which is understood at the other end. But, then it must be the same with them, correct? I do keep pressing my palms with a bright "Namaskar" and they smile at it!! Poor them!

Today, they must have decided to test my logic: I went to my office. A nice booth is assigned to me with a state-of-the art computing machine and a mess of wires (to be managed by me). What do you do, if there are two computers on the same desk (one as modern as the other out-dated) with only one power-point? (Particularly when the one with an age old look is being connected properly and working at your service, letting the other look at your face blindly!) I divorced the old guy for the new entry. And then, they announced the old machine is any way out dated. you are not supposed to use it : They.

Finally, I got the new machine working for me. I needed an account on it. I asked the administrator
"admin_san, I would like to have an account for the computer with internet access." , Nikhil.

"why don't you send me an e-mail with your name, institute, b-comp account no. and the terminal you want to use", admin uncle, " do you need anything else?"

"Nothing but an account to send you an e-mail",
poor nikhil.

"Oh, that I can do only after I receive an e-mail from you, anything else?", uncle again

"Nothing!", (with a smile/laugh) doomed nikhil.

And uncle was gone........

Now, I am supposed to meet him once again, as I still don't have an account for accessing internet.....will see you later!

No comments: