Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Holi Japan

You have to be at the right place, right time and I am one of those who always managed the inverse. When reading friends' blogs all over my country, I realized the grievances of missing something essential. It was holi, yesterday.

Some of them, quite jokingly advised me to introduce holi in Japan. Haah! That seems a tougher problem than what my guide can assign me. Everything is so different here. Almost 80% of the junta here, have masks on their face to save the pollen allergy. Colour powder is far unthinkable change! And moreover, holi is not just the game of colours (as basu has correctly mentioned on orkut) but the stomp of the spirits, the enthu within. One friend of mine here, said what a difference, yahan ke kauwwe bhi size mein bade hain (even crows here are bigger (read different) in size). Am I to bore them with the cultural ingredients of this festival? And that too in a language, they hardly care to understand?

However, we managed to get our secretary play holi with us (because, that is the only prey in such cases....dono taraf se latki hui). Our colours were made up of haldi, some neem and something, which I don't know of. That way we really had a herbal holi, a stamp of my own country! After that, we had a nice chat for almost three hours (90% of which was taken over by me, of course). We wished to have a drive nearby, but then it was dew dropping out there and didn't feel like moving out with our new maked-up faces!

And it ended there! Had to go back to the terminal and check if the code has spited the o/p....and usual stuff, you know!

1 comment:

Nikhil Joshi said...

yes, I do!