Sunday, January 29, 2006

Searching Yaman

I sometimes get amused with the comments people make. And if it comes from an expert in the field, huh!

Few years back, there was a song by ARR "Telephone maNipole sirripuvun maghazha" meaning the girl laughing in telephone tune. I was very impressed by the stunt in the song. Consider someone good-looking sitting beside you and laughing like "HiHi_HiHi_Hi(1/2)........HiHi_HiHi_Hi(1/2)........." until you quit the phone, ohh! sorry you change the topic. Will you ever think of loving such a girl? (I doubt, if you propose her, the reaction will be HiHi_HiHi_Hi(1/2)........HiHi_HiHi_Hi(1/2).........) But, any ways, when it comes to ARR, you are not supposed to care for the lyrics, unless it is Gulzar or sometimes Vairamutthu.

A couple of weeks back, I was attending a concert of Hindustani classical music. It was an instrumental recital by one of the most famous artists of India. In the interlude of a raga, which is also one of my favorite, the artist claimed "....even we breath in Yaman.....". I was shocked! I have been spending uncountably infinite quantas of Yaman throughout...will have to look at my lavishness!

When, I was back home I shared this with my family. Unfortunately, none of them have any interest in classical music. I made them breath in Yaman, even when my father doing pranayama. Alas, all turned quite unsuccessful. Absolutely no sign of any swara...Yaman is a step ahead. One negative test we could confirm though: One of my relative is a trained classical singer and she doesn't like Yaman at all. I was wise to conclude that she had Asthama.

Any ways, the search of Yaman is still on. Want to try?

5 comments:

Amit said...

Does your mobile ring like HiHi_HiHi_Hi(1/2)........HiHi_HiHi_Hi(1/2).........?

Nikhil Joshi said...

Amit

It is "Telephone Dhun mein hasane wali" and not "Mobile tone mein..." and my telephone used rings mostly like HiHi_HiHi_Hi(1/2)

Waise ho kahan aaj kal? Hum, AMA ne logo competition arrange kiya hain....apni creative ideas de do...ya AMA ke liye logo bana ke bhej do yaar

Amit said...

abe ideas to aa rahe hain, lekin apna haath drawing mein thoDa tang hai :(

phir bhi ek bakaar se logo bana ke bheja hai, jaao apna mail check kar lo.

Hetal said...

what is YAMAN?

Nikhil Joshi said...

hey,

you are too back-dated...any way, Yaman is a raga in indian classical music....for example : Jab Deep jale Aana, Jub sham dhulein aana is in Yaman