Thursday, January 26, 2006

Missing a Bit

It all started with an e-mail, "Would you like to perform on this republic day?" and I replied, " This is a great idea, provided you don't mind screwing up your own performance because of me (which is quite possible!)" and the answer was, "let's try!".........thanks didi, it is so great that people like you exist and I am lucky to know one!

The course was not simple though! everyday, we came with something new! More voices added, then rhythm was added...sometimes chord variation changed...... the other day was the scale change....rhythm removed and tabla added....and when all possibilities were explored.....we fought.....synth was eliminated....and this happened 2 hrs before the programme......This was my punishment....for my over-commitment....they changed the rhythm again to suit non-synth version.......and then came the friend....who sooth out all of us and we had a re-union.....15 min. before the performance!....and now, I was to adjust myself to the changed rhythm (since I was to start with the prelude, fixing the rhythm) .......and then the funny thing......we practiced it outside the main security gate , on the pavement!....it worked ok!.............thanks to my friend.......

Oh, and how can I forget you, who made my resolution come true? quite unknowingly! 7-8 months back when I had my first lesson of piano, I had a resolution: whenever I perform in public for the first time (if at all), I will perform something of ARR, my inspiration, my life! When you came to me, deciding a song was not difficult, if it is me...it will always land on some ARR song, but I wasn't sure of myself....and you geared up my spirit........thanks yaar!

And finally, it's me!...no, no....wrong....it's me on the stage....on the staaaaaaaage! a heavy body made of only nerve cells, full of nervousness.....throughout, I was shivering, trembling like anything.....I was not the best....I was poor....but, I am happy.....I have a way to go better....long long way....but I am on the way, at least.......I missed the bit, but I am missing it a bit now!......ARR, you taught me to keep trying.....and I know, I will be better everytime.....this is my self-commitment......I know, we can make it better! (Request: put your speakers on!)

No comments: