Thursday, April 27, 2006

Time to be ....

Sometime back, when I wrote a blog on death of a scientist, it was meant rather a conceptual disease spreading my country. If you are dead in concept you are not a living organism, still it takes time to realise your non-existence physically. I think now, the time has come to realise you are dead.....even physically.....and if whatever bible said is true, then it is the time of your resurrection!

My country is a developing one. Though it is not the best place in the world, I have immense love for it, for it is my own country. And I feel proud, that despite many problems due to cultural and natural diversity, it is progressing ahead. And, because of it has no "set patterns of thinking" like the one where I am right now, it is tough to guess where it will lead.... it is really a transition time..... a blind transition, though.....and it is your job to fix your place in this sandstorm....no one will care for you....no one will have time to care for you......

Two days back, I read this news on rediff. Recently, there has been a few tries to make amendments in the education system here. We being world's democratic country, have the richest political system and everything is settled through (for) politics. And a good politician needs power(s)...either a financial power or man power......So, in short education ministry here is dictated by either the corporate world or by religion (I consider communalism a part of religious feelings, as it is ported these days). And believe me, if you didn't born at the right place (this time no constraint on time), you will have a very tough time, however talented you are.......

Politics rather being a barter system (a give n' take method) it can be taken granted...taking their average educational level into consideration.....chalo thik hain...hota hain, sort of.......but look at my own institute.....it is an institute...a scientific institute...a scientific research institute.......an autonomous scientific research institute...sorry, the premier autonomous scientific research institute in my country....and even after these many medals, it deserved one more......it is a doomed (no typos, OK) institute....

It is true that the quality of research has gone down (I don't know if it was up anytime, but doubtless we are NOT doing our best) and we need a revision of our mentality, perhaps....but, how am I to explain them this simple fact, that Quantity can not substitute the Quality! You seek more and more students at the cost of realisation that the old students are NO good? Then how could you select them at the first place? And with the same selection criteria, how will your new students turn out to be better? And, if there was nothing wrong in the old students, while selecting them, your system for these many years grew them bad? ....or even now they are good, then you are contradicting yourself....

This is really the doomsday conspiracy....even at an autonomous research institute!.....a student in my country is dead......and, I can't blame them....I don't believe in communism, where the same status will be APPOINTED to a tiger and a lamb in the same jungle......left to themselves, tiger has to kill the lamb and lamb has to run to hide.....this is a jungle....and it is upto you, to decide...to decide who you are....a lamb...or a tiger.....

You were a lamb......enough served the tiger....now, it's time for resurrection......time to shape into a tiger......be a man to a man...be a lamb to a lamb...but, remain a tiger to a tiger......

No comments: