Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Seven missing wonders

I was wondering being away from your home what are the things make you nostalgic in the very first appearance of them in your mind. Let me try to list them.

Alfonso Mango April month is ending and I haven't even seen a mango yet....reminds me of my days, when we would visit Konkan and on very first moment of our arrival my grandfather would take me to the maadee (upstairs) where there will be aadi (a method of arranging things of similar shape) of thousands of mangoes "eat, whenever and whatever you feel like" - dadaji.........I have seen people in mumbai buying a dozen of them for hundreds of rupees, with a feel of joy "saste mein mil gayein...ek saath derh dazon le liye!!"

Sarso ka saag aur makai ki roti "hey...you are not panjabi...you are marathi!"...you migh ask....true, I am not punjabi....what the hell with this sarson ka saag... probably, I won't be able to tell properly....abe gadhe but maa to maa hoti hain na.....then what if she makes daal-tandulachi khichadi instead of sarso da saag.........I miss you mom....

The competetitor now, that he is not with me while I am walking on the road, I am sure, if a girls is looking at me, she is looking at me....and he doesn't have to argue that it was him the girl waved or smiled at......yes baba (daddy), I miss you, a realtime friend of mine...... (and tell you the truth, when you are not with me, no girl looks in the same direction :( )

The spices you make my life tasty......interesting.....lively....how can I forget you.....I have long forgotten that going by relation you are my sisters......but have to supersede amma in all respects.....I miss you all......(that doesn't mean now you start meeting me on chat every other day...and bug me.....it was written just for completeness...don't need to take it seriously....now, go and enjoy your holidays)

The Colors if my work is like drawing a picture....I am drawing a black n' white one....because the colors are missing......left them long long way back in my lab......yes idiots...I am talking about you......all the high energetic fadeev-popov ghosts carrying color indices in all the higher order loops of my life......

The Vending Machine insert the coins and get things on demand...is that the motto...is that how you work?...nah...definitely not....how can I forget the quality we keep cripping about....aur fir vending machines jhagadaa bhi to nahi karte....quality kitni hi achchhi kyon na ho?.......I miss you Rajni Aunteee (miss your special tea with extra milk and no tea leaves, to be frank....aur fir woh jalaa hua maggi kahan milega yahan....)


The seventh wonder...last but not the least....woh humse baat bhi nahi karti......yeh bhi koi baat hui.....I mean, koi baat nahi hui... no no, aap sumjhe nahi.....aap se koi baat nahi hui...yeh bhi koi baat hui.....am I answering myself...or is it my answer questioning me?....Uff, I am confused...should stop scribbling....

(by the way, I am missing you too, all my blog-mates...along with all your comments)

11 comments:

Dr Shanta Laishram said...

Nice Post! Who else r u missing?:-)

Anonymous said...

:)

Vivek said...

Kya baat hai yaar? :)

samudrika said...

ten things that you get in japan that you do not get in mumbai.
1) good tea.
2) sake
3) rice cakes
4) cherry blossoms
5) rock gardens
6) kilminjaro
7) snow
8) japanese toilets!
9) sushi
10)tea houses.

the grass is always greener in the other side! nikhil-san.

Nikhil Joshi said...

shanta:

what else...ummm...nothing moch, but you boss!

VW:

Buri baat...durse ke gum pe hunsnaa...buri baat!

vivek:
kuchh nahi, tumhari yaad aa rahi thi...senti hone ke liye good reason :D...kahan ho waise aaj kal...kuchh likho...

samudrika:

hey, how can you forget geisha's?

any way, thanks for the consolation....will look for them, samudrika-san!

Hetal said...

hey, Nikhil...
u deserve a comment for this post... u have managed to put it in a very nice way...

श्रीपाद said...

Hi Nikhil,

It's true that we miss many Indian things. For me, the list is quite big but one of the most important things is `tea' (alphanso mangoes are available here). In India, we could walk for 10-15 minutes and get a chay on some tapri. But here it is not possible at all. :-(.

Nikhil Joshi said...

hetal:
thanks

shripad:
aah, let's exchange (barter) your mangoes with my tea here. We have a great variety for tea here, starting from green tea to masala chai :)

श्रीपाद said...

Great idea. Where do I send the mangoes? :-)

Amit said...

Hee hee hee, I get both, tea and Mangoes(15 Euro/Kg.)! But no one to drink/eat with :(, why don't you guys (Shripad and Nikhil) come here!

@Samudrika: The grass on the other side is not always greener. I don't think bio people are happier.

श्रीपाद said...

Amit, thank you very much for the invitation. I will certainly try to come there.

As for the tea: I meant that here is no tapri where we can have chaay while standing and observing general public going about and all that. :-). That's what I am missing. I now realise how much I used to enjoy the tea at the best canteen while observing all those buses coming and going. It was fun.