Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Proud to be


Today early morning, I was passing to the navy ground - Kohli Ground, when I overheard a group of school children. I don't think they were more than 6-7 years old. It is usually nostalgic to come across such a situation. You start recreating your own days of innocence, full of joy and enthusiasm and most importantly, with a deep urge of talking about everything you know (I am referring to the age when you generally avoid talking everything that you don't know). Having no reservation for sharing anything with anyone you call a friend. But, today was different. No No, the day was the same as usual. I am talking about the group. It was truly different.

They were from navy nagar and I think from navy personnels' children. I heard one of them "mere papaki kashmir posting ho gayi hain, woh jaldi hi chale jayenge" (My father got posting at Kashmir, he will leave soon). The other came up, " mere papa bhi 2-3 saal pahile wohi the, bahut thunda hota hain" (Even my father was there 2-3 years back. It is very cold there). What throbbed my heart the most violently was another child adjoining "meri maa kahti hain ke mere papa kashmir main hi the jab mein 2 saal ka tha, unko award bhi mila tha"( my mom says, my father was there when I was 2 years old, he was awarded). And then, the sound had decayed so low, I couldn't hear next.

What was amazing in the whole is the immense pride they showed in their tone. All alike. There was no sign of repent or loss or fear. It is true, that they are too young to know the intensity of the situation, though surely they know what kashmir is. Or they never had talked about it so passionately. But, so what? I think the views they represented were the most natural ones. Since, there emmotions are not enveloped by their experiences and the philosophy of life they are going to develop at a later stage. It is truly an inner sound. Three cheers, to them. They taught a new way to look at the things around. The positive kernel of everything: KarmaNyewadhikaraste ma faleshu kadachan|

truly, something to be proud of
.

1 comment:

Hetal said...

nice pic! brilliant (oun intended) concept!