Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Celebrations

It was a windy afternoon at Dombivli. 26th day of December, 2005. I was sleeping, when it ranged. At home, everyone has his own space of existence, except me...reason: I am a wanderer which appears only on weekends, for them and usually, have to make some arrangement for myself. I was sleeping in the hall on a sofa next to that idiot noisy tring'er. So any ways, it rang and went on ringing for some more time, when I gave up and pulled the receiver. It was a womanly voice saying, "Hi, may I speak to Mr. Nikhil Joshi?"....uff, another freak from those ICICI kind. main to katane ke chakkar mein tha, when she continued," I am from the Academy of Music" and then it went on for a while. I quit the line and went to sleep, which I couldn't continue.

I woke up after a 2-3 minutes of chaos. I tried to recall what she (I couldn't recall her name!) was blabbering all the time. Was it any important? Was it any specific? Was it a news? And, I chuckled with a great power. Almost jumped to the bed on which my parents were resting. It was a celebration.

The call came from The Academy of Music of which I am a student. The lady announced my result of the grade exam for piano I gave of the Trinity College of Music, London. I had cleared the exam. I am from the very few who clear up the exam.

It is only because of my great luck the day, I had the exam. Mr. Allen Hodge, who was the examiner was very kind to me. I almost scrambled the pieces, I was supposed to play. I lost my mind, when I make mistakes in the piece, I was to play from memory. I must have composed a completely new piece that day!(which I can definitely sell, as an inspired composition, any ways in hindi cinema). I was a lot nervous. I remember struggling for the right keys on the piano, many a times. The only good thing was my technical knowledge. I must have scored fully in that. Also, sight reading, which I had absolutely no faith in went fantastic (I don't know how!).....Any way, the result is I am through..Time to celebrate!

I must thank my piano teacher Mr. Nimesh Shah, who showed deep faith in me and at times more sincere than me. Agewise, he is one year junior to me, but when on piano, he is ageless and I am just an embryo. Thanks a lot, Nimesh

1 comment:

Hetal said...

C.O.N.G.R.A.T.S.

where is this intsi? at Domb?
since when r u training for it?